Monday, March 5, 2012

Today was my first day of lacrosse tryouts. Normally when I think of lacrosse, I think of wearing shorts and a lax pinney on a sunny, 65 degree day.

chillin in my pastilles, tossing with my buddies, using my morning spoon
But it was not warm out today. It was very very very cold. Picture this: there we were, huddled in a circle in the middle of the field. Girls were moving behind one another to block themselves from the bitter, freezing, wind. 
It was like the damn tundra out there. 

We were not members of the Boston All Girl's School lacrosse team. No. We were a tribe of Native Americans in the Badlands of North Dakota. 



In this ultimate game of lacrosse, where the toughest tribes test their skill, strategy, strength, and endurance, we competed and fought for the land that was ours  /we did some passing drills


Completely exposed to the elements, we became one with nature /we whined 'cause our fingers were cold

despite the cold, we all wore loincloths
Two eagles swooped above our heads, as if to guard and protect us as we combatted. OK I legiterally saw two hawks today flying above the Boston All Girl's School lacrosse fields today


The match was brutal, a test that proved fatal for the weak /breathing cold air made my throat ouchy so I sat down

Dude in bottom right: guys, timeout. does anyone have an inhaler? 
We chanted together as a group, as if to ward off the evil cold spirits /we did a feeble team cheer at the end of practice 

No comments:

Post a Comment